Drupal 7.x

A deployment strategy for Drupal sites

Enterprise Servers: 
PHP: 

Oh well, what do you call a system log that has no entries; a malfunctioning system, right. So what would you call a supposedly web log (blog) that has no entries for almost a year and a handful in a couple years Laughing?

Despite deeply wanting  to keep writing, I hardly get a chance to do so these days. But so much for the ranting, time to get down to business now.

Drupal 7 - Displaying available Tokens in UI and replacing Tokens in code

Drupal 7 - Handling file uploads and moving files to the public file system

PHP: 

This was the most time consuming aspect for the recent port of my Document module for Drupal 7.

You would be knowing that File system API underwent a complete revamp in Drupal 7 (see this and this link, a very good introduction of the changes and new concepts is available on Randy Fay's blog). In Drupal 6, handling file uploads was this easy:

 

Drupal 7 - Creating arbitrary ANDed/ORed database queries using the DBTNG abstraction layer

While working on the 7.x port for my Document module for Drupal day before yesterday, I had a pretty anxious moment. As you would know, the new DBTNG database abstraction layer in Drupal 7 fundamentally changes the way your module code interacts with the db. Now instead of writing raw Sql queries, you use a set of high level objects to specify the various components of your query using a series of methods which is then translated to Sql by the DBTNG layer and executed against the database. Sample this for example:

 

Drupal 7 - Controlling/Changing order of execution of particular hooks for modules

Drupal 7 brings some important API changes and enhancements to the table, one of them being the ability to control precisely the order of execution of a particular hook between modules.

I was asked by a client last week if it is possible to control execution of specific hooks between modules. Here is the (very precisely) framed question:

Drupal and Chrome - Refused to execute a JavaScript script. Source code of script found within request

While editing content on a client site last week, I got a rather confusing error in Google Chrome Developer tools:

Refused to execute a JavaScript script. Source code of script found within request.

I was incorporating Google Maps on a page through a Block and the block content had some javascript code in it. But on saving the block, two issues surfaced: 1) I got the above error in Chrome Dev tools console and 2) The Map did not show up on the page.