March 2012

ExtJs 3 - Enabling multiple file uploads using TextField

Well I just committed code on one of my projects enabling multiple file uploads using an ExtJs 3 TextField. And it appeared to me I can write a quick blog post about it.

So without wasting too much time, I will allow you to straightaway get your hands dirty with the code to produce multiple-file upload textfield:

 

DotNetNuke 5 and 6 - Removing users permanently in code

I returned to serious DotNetNuke development this year after a gap of more than a couple of years probably. And I must say, I did not see much changes as far as the public API of DotNetNuke is concerned. Yes, there have been good UI changes, some new capabilities but the underlying framework feels the same (this was in stark comparison to my last year's experience with migration from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7, where the entire Drupal API was overhauled, and here in DotNetNuke, the framework had notched up by 2 major versions).

Sql Server - Database names seem to be case-sensitive for Query Notification feature

In one of our Enterprise web application, we rely on Sql Server's Service Broker backed Query Notification feature a lot. Basically the database of that application is exposed to many other client-specific apps, and our app needs to respond to changes being made in the database by the other apps, a perfect use-case for Query Notifications.

However I lately started seeing lots of these errors in our application's Event Log for one specific client after an update was pushed to them:

ASP.NET MVC 4 - Convert an existing Web Application Project to Web Api project

I do not have much time to provide the background, suffice it should be to say that I decided to adopt ASP.NET 4.0 MVC Web Api in a major way today after being in evaluation mode for some days (4.0 MVC was still in Beta as I wrote this).

And so I needed to convert my existing Web Application (WAP) projects to Web Api projects. And I followed a very simple approach to figure out the same. I created a new solution with 2 projects, one a WAP project and the other a Web Api project. I removed all default configuration from both the projects leaving only the absolute essentials behind.